Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Celebration Of Mums Continues!!!!!!!

This week is still celebration of Mums week and You still have time to be a part of this .For further information on how you could,please read the previous post but for now enjoy the write up's by some of our readers .Find out why one of them celebrates two Mums, and why the other regards her Mum as her Gem of Inestimable Value.
Thank  you Ladies.

 My Mums
I have always grown up knowing that i was blessed with 2 awesome women that I could call my mothers .This mother's  day I choose to honor their unconditional love for me.I remember all their boarding house visits, the words of encouragements when I panic, which i still do a lot lol.The unwavering support I get from both of you be it in school matters or just normal everyday activities.I know I am truly blessed to have both of you in my life and I wont change it for anything.
To my mom whom people say we look alike but we both think we are so different, I appreciate all the prayers.thank you for introducing me to my love of books, for just taking time out to be at important functions in my life and for just being there for me.For little things like sending me food when I forgot to pack some during my electives and encouraging me to achieve my dreams,I wanna say Ngiyabonga and ngiyakuthanda.

Happy Mother's Day!!!
                                   


To my dearest godmother aka our second mummy,thank you for being there.For sewing all those polish outfits for me when I was younger,trying to teach me polish(ps If I knew I would end up in poland I might have made more effort to learn), teaching me how to crochet ,abeokuta vacations, boarding house visits and most of all for giving me a whole new family to love in Poland.



Kocham sie!!!!!! and Happy Mothers Day!!!!!


My Gem Of Inestimable Value

My mom died when I was 7 years old you know. I don't remember her as such the thing I seem to remember though is sitting around a bowl of goat meat pepper soup on the sitting room floor laughing with my sis and my mom.Apparently she loved goat meat pepper soup a lot lol. From all I've heard about her she was an amazing woman very stylish, funny , easy going, playful and an amazing mother.Oh and I'm her splitting image which means she was gorgeous(not to blow my own trumpet or anything)

So this post is in gratitude to the woman who gave me life.I know we did not spend a lot of time together, I didn't get the time to get to know you as much as I wanted,I did not get to share the boy issues with you the emotional roller coaster girls seem to go through. I did not get to share my fears about my first period with you or go out for a girls vacation with you and Rieme but I am grateful you were my mom, from my life and Rieme's life I can tell you were one in a million.The fact that Daddy refused to marry is evidence of what a rare gem you were that could not be replaced. I miss you everyday more than I can explain and even though I can't see you today, I want to honor You Mummy.

Happy Mothers day Mum 

To Mrs Adesuwa Taiye Okungbowa with all my love.



6 comments: