Monday 24 March 2014

Celebrating God's Gift To Us With The World!!!!!!

Give to everyone what you owe them :If you owe taxes , pay taxes; if revenue ,then revenue;If respect ,then respect, if honor, then honor. Rom 13:7

I choose to honor my mum's selflessness. A medical doctor at the peak of her career who still found the time to drop us at Lagos Country Club for swimming lessons and then staying whenever she could to encourage us.I remember when we were learning how to jump into the water all the other kids had jumped in including my siblings and  cousins but I did not .The coaches could not just understand why, but she put on a smile and was right there to encourage me through it.

 I remember  the many , many, many times she showed up when I called  from Boarding school because I wasn't feeling well (which was actually my prayer at the time ).If I got a cold, a hint of malaria, anything was fine with me as long as I got to go home . Thinking about it now, I never considered how busy she might had been.My Primary concern in junior school was to get home.



  Recently, I had my jaw wired  after a minor surgery and she was up early everyday to make the liquid diet I needed. Notwithstanding the fact I could do this myself, she did it everyday for two months. Although it was a pretty difficult time her support, selflessness and love kept me going. These are only a few words that describe what an amazing  mum she is.I love you Mummy

 Here's to My friend, Gist partner, Movie(Africamagicyouruba)buddy and God's gift to me.

Happy Mother's Day Mummy!!!!

If you are still wondering why we dedicated a post to mothers or maybe you already got the gist of it,mother's day is on the 30th of March .If you forgot,you are very welcome!!!

Join us this week as we celebrate our mums and mother figures in our lives .We are going to be celebrating our mums. the entire week.the entire week ? Yes the entire week.We have some pretty amazing plans for the week, which we are totally elated about.

What makes this different is that all our readers are invited to be a part of this. You can help us make this a truly remarkable celebration for our Mums all week long .

There are  two ways you could do this;

1.Send a write up  like the one above of not more than 500 words appreciating your mum.You can make it more special by sharing something specific about your mum which you want to share on this mother's day or an experience you had with your mum which you simply just want to share.
2. You can also send a Picture of you with your mum.

If you fancy doing both options that would be great.All details should be sent to "thefvfactor@gmail.com" latest by Thursday the 27th.

The idea is that our write ups will constitute the posts for the entire week.Also,the pictures are going to be used for the videos and collage which would be displayed on Sunday the 30th.Therefore we really do need your help to make this a success.  Do join the happy train, catch the celebration spirit and Invite people to Join the train with us.Send  Your Information Now!!!!!

2 comments: